Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Was On The Treadmill

That's where I was when we got THE CALL!  We got our referral today!!!  We are so excited and overwhelmed and shocked and thrilled!  We knew it would be soon but when it actually happened we just kind of looked at each other and said NOTHING.  So here's how it happened.

I decided to call USCIS to see if they had received our fingerprints and if they needed anything else from us.  A very nice lady told me that we had been approved yesterday (yay!) and our approval would be sent out tomorrow (double yay!).  I ran in the other room to tell Blake and then ran straight to the computer to email AW at Holt.  When I say ran I mean literally RAN.  She emailed me right back and basically said 'Great news.  Send me the approval ASAP.'  So, I'm pretty excited at this point and decide it's the perfect time to use my crazy energy to burn off some calories.  I'm five minutes into my run when Blake comes busting through the door motioning for me to turn of the treadmill and the blaring Oprah's Favorite Things episode.  It was Holt!  They had a little boy they 'wanted to talk to us about!'  As MC was telling us a little about our guy all Blake and I could say back to her was 'K.  K.  K.'  We were so blown away!

I'd like to save details about little man for another time.  We're going to have his medical records reviewed by a couple pediatricians, one that specializes in international adoption.  Once I get the OK I'll post his picture and tell you a little about him.

So, just to recap...here's how it went down.
1:57 - I get off the phone with USCIS with the news that our I-600A is approved.
2:05 - I email AW at Holt the news.
2:06 - She emails back asking for copy of approval ASAP.
2:21 - THE CALL from MC at Holt!

Crazy, crazy day.  I'm gonna go take two Tylenol PM.

7 comments:

  1. I am so, So, SO, SO, SO excited for you! What an amazing day for you! And of course I can't wait to hear more details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wow! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! Congratulations!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!!! Let's all travel together and get our babies!!!!! So, so happy for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! That time is so filled with emotions - all happy ones! Congratulations to you!!! I'll be watching for updates! Happy days, happy days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again! We are only a few weeks behind you in the process so we were SUPER excited to hear of your referral. Can't wait to see pics of your bundle of joy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see his picture!

    ReplyDelete